Monday, January 25, 2016

The Thing With Country Redirects

Although I do understand the need to implement country redirects in order to comply with a country's regulations, but it is also undeniable that it poses some tough challenges for amateur bloggers, such as myself, whom may not necessarily have much knowledge about templates and coding.

Having wanted to do away with some inherent flaws found in my free template's coding for the comments section, I decided to swap it out with the one provided by "Disqus".

However, after fumbling about and somewhat getting it installed in my blog successfully, I found that my previous comments were all gone...despite being able to see and moderate them still on the Disqus platform.
Comments DisappearedComments Showing
Eventually, I found out that it had got something to do with this "country redirect" thingy and how Disqus syncs a blog's comments via its unique url.

Being left without much of an option, as the coding provided by Disqus seems too hard to modify, I'm literally forced to use some "no country redirect" (ncr) script I've found on the internet to ensure that all of the comments get pointed to my canonical url.

Hopefully I won't get into trouble for this. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment