Monday, March 5, 2012

Some Problem with Fraps

Today I finally got some free time on my hands and so I decided to write a review about this game that I recently came across called Magic Campus. As I started trying to take screenshots of the game using Fraps, I noticed that all the screenshots came out black except for the browser portion. Thinking that it might be a browser compatibility issue, I switched from using Firefox to Internet Explorer. However, using Internet Explorer didn't work either as Fraps did not even bother churning out any screenshots.

Only after a brief search did I realize that Fraps only works with stuff that runs using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. (I guess Fraps isn't "omni-workable"....Hahaha)

Anyway, I doubt that taking screenshots will cause me much trouble as I could always use the good old "Print Screen" and paste into "Windows Paint" manually. However....recording a video would and thus I spent nearly the whole day trying to look for an alternative to Fraps for recording the game clips.

If you asked why it took the whole day, I'll probably reply you with why wouldn't it? The Internet is huge...with treasure hiding amidst garbage. Furthermore, danger lurks in the form of attracting unwanted viruses, malware and spyware while you search for what you want. Anyway, just be satisfied to know that the surfing and searching, scanning and installing, then uninstall and scan again took me the whole day. ^_^;

For the time being, I've settled upon using this free software that I've found, CamStudio, as a backup to recording game clips in the event that Fraps fails to do so.

As for how good this CamStudio software will be? You'll find out soon enough (from the game clip) when I've managed to get the review of Magic Campus out. That is....after I've managed to figure out how to use this thingy...Hehe.

- BuLaDiFu -

No comments:

Post a Comment