Sunday, January 19, 2014

Money Playing Tricks On The Mind?

Recently, I had the luck of stumbling upon this interesting video...

It roughly talks about some research studies showing that how being affluent would start playing tricks upon a person's mind and mentality.

In short, the person would somehow "gradually" change and begin to "order" people around, start to become more assertive, etc...almost to the point of thinking that "everything is rightfully theirs" (in the most extreme cases)?

BUT

The thing to bring home here about this video isn't to bring fault to any one person or group of persons...nor is it to cause an alienation between the "Rich" and the "Poor".

In fact, that was not my first and foremost thought when I was watching this vid.

Rather, the very thought that surfaced to my mind in that moment was to question myself...

"Was there ever a point in time when I acted like that?"

"Will there ever be a time when I would become like that?"

"Is there any way that I can prevent myself from ever becoming just like that?"

I believe, these are the more important concepts that we should keep within our minds...so that if one day, should we ever become more affluent, that we will have it in our hearts to not take everything for granted like its "ours".

To still treat others with the proper respect that they deserve...

And that we shall still remain "human", in a sense...

- BuLaDiFu -

No comments:

Post a Comment