Friday, August 26, 2011

New Problem Faced With My Blog

After posting this extremely long post, Galaxy Online II: Skill Commanders, I discovered that my main page, All You Need to Know About Games, refused to finish loading. It only loaded part of it and then it stopped. The post beneath it didn't load out and the page navigation didn't either. The part which loaded out worked okay though...so I guess it might have something to do with the very long post i just did.
So I googled about solutions to extremely long posts and found out about the "jump break" thingy. I inserted it into my post and it fixed the problem. My main page finished loading and worked like normal again. However, to my dismay, it added an additional "read more >>" right beneath "Posted in: Galaxy Online II". Since I have no idea how to fix the loading without putting in the jump breaker, I decided to leave it there.
Next, when I double checked the post to see if everything is still intact, I noticed that my right column got shifted all the way to the bottom of the page instead of displaying at the right hand corner like all the other pages. Thus, I went into my post and checked the html code. Somehow, by a stroke of luck, I noticed that a part of my text wasn't closed properly with the "</div>" tag and when i properly closed it, my right column got shifted back to normal.
Thinking that it might be because of this improper closure that my main page didn't finish loading in the first place, I tried removing the jump breaker and hoped that I didn't need to use it. Well, I was partially right. Even though my main page loaded "properly" and the additional "read more" is gone, however, my post beneath it "disappeared". The "RIFT" post is no longer shown on the main page even though I can still go to the page via the labels.

Out of options, I placed back the jump breaker into the post and checked my main page again. The "RIFT" post is back and so is the additional "read more". -_-;

Since I no longer know what else I could do, I decided to leave it there.

Spent the whole evening trying to figure out the solution and in the end, I'm back to square one. Darn.

From,
- BuLaDiFu -

No comments:

Post a Comment